When I graduated from college last spring I signed a one-year contract with AmeriCorps VISTA. I decided to use this year for making good stories and figuring out life. Basically for me graduating from college is no different than being a college freshman. That makes me feel great about how far I have come in the three years it took me to get my degree.
Instead of figuring out where classes are and which people to avoid on campus I am helping to build relationships and programs that will hopefully make Story County a better place to live. That actually does make me feel great about myself.
Like many other 21 year olds who are broke and flip-flop between success and failure as often as we check Facebook I decided to write a blog about my life. I want to fail; and I want to succeed. My hope is that everything turns out all right and I have good stories to tell.
Some random facts about me:
- I actually enjoy running.
- My favorite thing to do is sit outside and read.
- I am addicted to coffee and sunshine.
- I am super grouchy all winter because of the cold and there is no sunshine.
- There is nothing better than a public library.
- I love to travel.
- I am trying to learn how to cook more meals than just scrambled eggs.
If there is anything else you want to know about me just ask!